Thursday, January 3, 2013

If I like you a lot, I'll make you an 8 course sushi dinner.

I LOVE SUSHI.  People fuck it up constantly, and tend to really not appreciate it at all. I mean come on! The exquisite artistic presentation?! The small plates?! The freshness of ingredients?! Years of Technique and training?!

APPRECIATE IT! 

Godamnit I'm flustered. You don't go get cheap sushi. That's gross. You eat it occasionally and relish it with great appreciation. If you eat sushi all the time YOU. ARE. AN. ASSHOLE. Furthermore: you don't walk into a sushi restaurant and order a mountain of food at once. You also don't hork down your meal in a half an hour. How embarrassingly American.

No. You do your fucking research on locations, you go to sushi, you sit the fuck down at the fucking sushi BAR, you order one thing at a time, you take like 3 fucking hours, you buy the chefs lots of sake, and you tip ludicrously well. Do it right. 

I don't have a car. I live cheaply in an rv on a farm. I don't buy fancy clothes, shoes or electronics. My diet is my highest priority, and with that interest in mind I give Japanese cuisine the highest respect. I mean look, I actually got angry. weird. I digress, it was Jim's Birthday and I made him this for his dinner. It's not necessarily sushi at all....more like Japanese Italian fusion


 Course #1
Prawn Miso with Enoki Mushrooms


 Course #2
Local Oysters with Secret Mignonette, Wasabi Tobiko


Course #3:
Seared Local Scallops, Shiso Pesto,  Roasted Pear Tomatoes and Garlic
 


Course #4
Local Halibut Ceviche, Jalapeno, Tangerine, Garlic Chips, Cilantro-Yuzu Vinagrette


Course #5
Channel Islands Uni, Qual Egg, Ikura


Course #6
Ahi Poke, Mango, Macadamia Nuts


Course #7
Snow Crab Roll, Haphazardly Wrapped in Avocado


Course # 8
Mixed Sashimi, Philadelphia Roll (Because it's Jim's Favorite "Dessert Roll")




1 comment:

  1. wow. You are really talented, or how we say in my language !Talente!

    ReplyDelete